Friday, May 23, 2014

Wicked Cool Weekend

Celebratory Bulbasaur!
   BAM. Friday post! Lookie what I did! I am here, it is a Friday, and this post is happening right here, right now.
   The past two days have been really nice, quite relaxing. Thursday was the junior class trip, and I elected to stay home (my classes were going to be empty, anyway). I got quite a lot done. I practiced Beethoven's 5th Sonata quite a bit, as well as my double stops.
   I also played a fair amount of Hearthstone, but I didn't make much headway in the ranks. I'm still fielding the same general shaman deck as I was before. I'm not sure what the issue is with it, but it seems to have a 50-50 win rate. I just need something to bump it into that 51-50 win rate, so that I can at elast move forward, albeit slowly. If anyone's feeling particularly like helping, contact me on Twitter or the like and I'll be happy to share my deck list with you.
   In the World of Warcraft, my troll shaman finally broke 500 item level through LFR, and I'm into Siege of Orgrimmar at long last. Not to say that I don't enjoy that raid, but honetly, it feels a little underwhelming. Let's just see what it's competing against. Last expansion, during the final raid we rode on Deathwing. We rode a fricking dragon and busted armor off of him! We then stood on a lava, rocky terrain and fought off all kinds of massive evil monsters until we finally slayed an ASPECT. Now let's back up to Wrath of the Lich King. The Lich King. Arthas. He had some of the absolute coolest backstory in WoW. There is no feeling that could compare to the first time I brought him down. WotLK was the expansion that I first came in during, and I worked really hard to get to Icecrown Citadel. The whole fight, vent was just on fire. People were screaming at each other, tensions were super high, and we were just channeling all this rage at the Lich King. Suddenly, BOOM. He's down. The server just completely explodes. It was just insane, nothing has ever been able to compare to what I felt in that moment.
   Today I actually got out and did some stuff for a change. Hahaha. No, seriously! I helped my grandfather open up his pool for the season. It was pretty nasty when we first started, but there was something really pleasing about scraping the algae off of the pool because it covered literally the entire pool, so there was just little streaks of light blue (the pool lining). I also had to work tonight, which wasn't too bad, surprisingly.
   But now to the big news. Guess who's going to see Wicked tomorrow? On Broadway???
This guy!
   That's right! Tomorrow morning, I will rise at 7am and drive to New York City. I will have lunch, and then my mother, my grandmother, my sister, and I will all go to see my all-time favorite musical. I can't wait!
   Speaking of which, it's getting late, so I should be off to bed. 

Tacos,
Gladdstone

No comments:

Post a Comment