Monday, May 12, 2014

That Damn Euphno-whatsit

   Here I am! I'm back! It's a Monday, and I could not be more pissed about that fact.
   Anyway, it didn't even occur to me until today that I didn't put up a post last Friday, so my apologies. I'll make it up to you somehow (no I won't).
   So let's talk about the last four days, or so. Lately it's seemed like everyone has something going on but me. Every time I talk to one of my friends they always say "you won't believe what I did yesterday/this weekend" and then they recount the epic tale while I sit there, reflecting on how I sat around doing nothing all weekend. The real trouble, though, is that I can't even make plans to go do something with anyone because everybody already has plans. It's enough to drive a person mad. You should see what I have to go through just to set up a night for my Dungeons and Dragons group-it's like pulling teeth. So-and-so has this, and she has that, and she won't come if she isn't going and by the time it's all done there's three people and we just end up sitting around playing video games because there aren't enough people to play a decent game.
   So I'm laying down the law, there. I'm requiring so much time ahead of time for a person to tell me they can't make it (as opposed to the night before) because I just can't play these games anymore. I understand plans can change, but this is a matter of they're just not bothering to find out if they're free or not until the time is essentially upon us. This is not just a problem for the rest of the group scheduling-wise, but I and other members will go out and buy snacks and the like so we have some munchies and drinks while we play and when people cancel last second, what are we supposed to do with all this crap? I like to think I have a pretty valid complaint here.
   I severely tempted to just step down and hand the DM mantle off to someone else, but I am 100% certain that if I did that, the group would never meet again. So as it is, I'm stuck if I want this to keep going, although God only knows how much longer I'll bother to keep this breathing. It might be time to pull the plug on this one, and that makes me kind of sad.
   On the marching field, I've continued trying my hardest to get the hang of this damn euphonium, and I'd like to think it's going fairly well. Fun fact: blogger does not recognize the word euphonium. Weird. It seems to upset some of the flute section that I may be leaving next year and it makes me sad. I remember all the weird times I've had in that section and, frankly, I don't know if I can actually bring myself to leave. I really do love them all. My fluties have a very special place in my heart in a way that I don't think a lot of people will understand. The band is very much my family, even though I don't necessarily talk to, or even know everyone, it's a place where everyone is accepted and everyone has their own little niche. Maybe I'm just nuts, but that's the way I've always seen the band. They're very much one big, dysfunctional family.
   I think that will do it for today. I've got work after school today, and then I have to go to a concert right after, so I'll throw this up when I get home for the sake of consistency. I'll see you all Wednesday.

Tacos,
Gladdstone

No comments:

Post a Comment