Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Better Late Than Never

   Late update today, but hey, see the title.
   The past two days for me have seen a massive reduction in one kind of stress, and a huge uptake in a different kind of stress.
   I'm back at work as of Monday evening, but that isn't a big deal. Annoyance, yes, but it's retail, and cashier at that-hardly stressful, most days.
   The big thing is NYSSMA. For those who aren't familiar, it is a New York solo competition in which classically trained music students prepare a solo and get graded on their performance by a single judge. I've spent the past several months preparing Vivaldi's Spring Concerto with my private teacher, and I perforrm on Saturday morning. This will be my first NYSSMA under her tutelage, and I'm really anxious to impress upon her that I'm really serious about my music.
   On top of all this, the clock is ticking on my independent research, which I won't talk about too much. Suffice it to say, it's very over my head and proving very difficult to grasp. But, I'm getting there, slowly but surely.
   In the digital world, ranked season 1 of Hearthstone launched Tuesday, and sadly, I was incorrect about the launch of the tablet version. I'm a bit disappointed, but they're promising soon, so I'll keep playing PvZ2 until then.

   Speaking of which, maybe it's just me, but I feel like they really ramped up the difficulty in the sequel. I could completely breeze through the original, but this sequel is proving to be a bit challenging at times. Just today I reached the final boss fight for the first world (Ancient Egypt) and I just cannot get past it. I don't know what it is, but it's a tough fight. I'm sure I'll get it soon. The fact that it's more challenging has made it more fun, really.
   On the handheld, I'm still playing through Pokemon Y. I've also been watching the BW anime on Netflix, like I said last week. In my opinion, there's nothing quite like cuddling up with your Pikachu plush with your 3DS to watch the Pokemon anime. As someone who grew up on Pokemon-I've been watching since about mid-Indigo League, but I mostly focus on the games, no other series has ever quite matched that feel. I've almost always stuck by the Pokemon franchise regardless of what they do (except Trozei. Never forgive), even though we still haven't gotten our RUBY AND SAPPHIRE REMAKES (HINT F*CKING HINT).

   In Azeroth, I've officially rededicated myself to the legendary cloak quest on my pandaren mage. I'm only on the first chapter, and I am determined to get this damn cloak before the WoD beta comes out. But damn, 3,000 valor is a lot for someone who doesn't raid regularly, although I would like to very much. I've also been trying to pick what I'm going to boost to 90 when I get my Collector's Edition (I like the art books, the Digital Deluxe isn't worth it, to me). I'm probably going to roll Horde, and I'm definitely not rolling on Blackwater Raiders (my current home server) because it is all but dead, and I really would like to find a raid team for the new expansion.
   Hmm...I think that's about it. If I missed anything, all well. I'll catch it on Friday.

Tacos, my friends,
Gladdstone

No comments:

Post a Comment