Wednesday, April 16, 2014

I'm Not Late, You Are!

   ...Shut up,
   Welcome back to my blog! I'm honestly surprised you're still here. Without any further ado, let's get to the news for the past two days.
   As always, we'll start with my personal life. I'm single, as I'm sure many peole know, and recently I've come to a very strange juncture in my love life and it's making me quite uncomfortable. I'm not quite ready to talk about it here, but that's what's been occupying a lot of my time.
   College is creeping ever closer and closer. My private violin teacher is urging me to pick a few schools to audition for because I have to start preparing now. Curse you non-music students who get to put it off! Auditions for me start this year!!! My Spring concerto needs a lot of work, as do my scales, particularly minor scales. I've had this weird issue with my intonation too. Whenever I lose concentration, I've been going roughly a quarter step sharp fairly consistently for about a week now and it''s driving me absolutely mad. I absolutely must fix this before next Wednesday (lesson day).
   Spring break has treated me well. One day, Nik, Nate, and I all went mini golfing at this place across the bridge from my house. We ran into my health teacher and a friend from marching band. Also, some veeery good looking French Exchange girls.
   Needless to say we didn't actually talk to them.
   I've also been up late most nights on Skype with my friends, seeing as we don't have to be up in the morning for anything. All in all, things have been going quite well and I'm very happy.
   Leadership auditions are creeping closer, and closer. Just typing this, I can feel my stomach churn, and my heart beat a little faster. This is my last shot at drum major and-I'll be completely honest here-if I don't make it, I will be devastated. It's always been my dream, and honestly the only thing I really want out of high school. I would be content friendless as long as I got to be drum major. When I was a little kid, I would go to parades with my grandmother. We would watch from inside a Wendy's because she liked to sit and I would always love to see the marching band, particularly the drum major. I always told myself I would do that one day, and, god damnit, that day is TODAY! I really do feel good about this. I think I finally know everything I need to know, and I really do believe I could lead the band. Hopefully the band director feels the same way.
   On a video game note, I refuse to stream Hearthstone until I break this losing streak, goddamnit. So buckle in, because this is gonna be a long one.
   I also recently started playing through Super Mario Sunshine again, and all I can say is fuck. I forgot how mind crushingly difficult that game could get. I finished the sand bird in only a few deaths, but some of those "parkour" (platform jumper) levels are killing me. If I find a way to record it, I will because some of these fails are pure gold.
   That's gonna about do it for me tonight. I'll talk to y'all Friday!

Tacos!
Gladdstone

No comments:

Post a Comment