Friday, April 4, 2014

Movin' On Up

    Well look at that, another late update. All well, what are you gonna do?
   Not a lot happened since I last posted-OH WAIT. The iOS version of Hearthstone totally came out! Well, in Canada, New Zealand, and Australia. As a side note, apparently New Zealand isn't real because my spell correct has Zealand underlined. Weird.
Do Canadians even have computers?
   Anyway, as you might imagine, I totally made a Canadian account for my iPad and immediately downloaded it. Although my school wifi blocks it, I still find this to be more fun to use than the desktop version, not sure why. I just really like it. Maybe it's something to do with it's as close as you can get to actually touching the cards.
   So on to the meat of the topic, which is: how is it? Answer: excellent. I am playing it currently on the iPad Mini w/ retina and it looks absolutely fabulous. Just as good, if not better than my (admittedly crappy) PC.On the flip side, it is still obviously not ready to roll out everywhere yet. There are a few bugs, although I have yet to encounter anything game breaking, just a little inconvenient. The game does occasionally crash, but never during a match, only after one has just ended, usually just before the loading screen. Load times are actually fairly good, depending on your internet connection.
   If I had one complaint, which isn't really a complaint because I can't think of a way to do it better, it's the deck building interface which makes you swipe to remove cards. It's a little inconvenient, but again, I can't think of a better way to do it. When you tap the card, it gets enlarged so you can read the text, so no tap to remove.
   Other than this, the game is almost identical to it's PC counterpart. The only thing that surprised me is it didn't launch with mobile Twitch streaming, which I found slightly disappointing, but not completely unsurprising. I imagine it will be integrated eventually, just not with the slightly unstable version they have out now.
   Speaking of Twitch streaming, I am now streaming my ladder grind. My username is Gladdstone. Give me a follow, and tune in, generally after 7PM EST to cheer me on. You can also follow me on Twitter @Pithpifth. I'm currently working my way through with a rush style hunter deck (I know, I know. I'm sorry).
   In other news, Churgo (Nik) and I recorded our first Let's Play of Minecraft tonight. It was more of a dry run than anything else. We played some mini games, sang some songs, then he went to bed, and I streamed Hearthstone for about an hour. I'll have more details about the Let's Play on Monday, and you can expect a post to go up on Nerds Under Fire sometime this weekend.
   I think that's about hit every topic. I'm going to keep it relatively short tonight as I do have to be up in the morning for NYSSMA (the solo competition). Gotta get my violin tuned, and run through my solo a few more times before the judging. My time is 10:30, so I'll probably head up around 9:00 to practice, and then I'll be back shortly afterward, at which point I may or may not stream Hearthstone. I almost added before I have to be at another rehearsal, but tomorrow's Saturday, not Sunday. The weekend hasn't even started yet, and it's already flying by.

Meat filled shells with salsa and cheese,
Gladdstone

No comments:

Post a Comment